Mini Roulette is one of Star Gambling most simple and fun games. Where exactly the game of Mini Roulette by Microgaming comes from will always stay a mystery, some historians have argued that Pascal, a mathematician, invented the game in the 17th century. Others say that it could have originated in China and was brought to Europe by the monks who were trading in China. Personally, I think cavemen, a couple of thousand years ago, amused themselves by betting some twigs on which hole in the ground a pebble would land in when it was tossed.
Mini Roulette is "the" game of chance and the word means "small wheel", probably because the game consists of a round wheel with numbered pockets on it ranging from 0/00 to 36, a small ball and a table marked with numbers. Players may place bets on any number or a set of numbers. Once the bets are placed the ball is released into the spinning wheel. If the ball falls in a groove marked with one of the numbers bet on, guess what… you are a winner!
The main objective of Mini Roulette is to predict the number the ball will fall on. You place a bet on your prediction of numbers. Unless you are psychic, this game will be one of chance, during which you will have to woo lady luck in a big way. But if you win, it can mean big money! You may place bets on any number or a combination of numbers; choose red or black; an odd or even number; or even high or low numbers. With the Fortune Lounge casino software you can set an optimal betting strategy and even let the software auto play for you.
Mini Roulette has evolved over the years with allot of different types and ways of playing, we offer the following variations:
- American Mini Roulette - uses a 0 and a 00
- European Mini Roulette - uses only a 0
- French Mini Roulette - 36 numbers and a single zero, in addition to a range of special wagers known as call bets
- Mini Roulette Royale - incorporates a progressive jackpot
European Mini Roulette has a single “0” and was developed in France in the 18th century, when gambling was illegal. The game grew in popularity in Germany. Later
Francois, one of the game’s French inventors, brought the game back to France for the Prince of Monaco. The result was the glamorous gambling oasis of Monte Carlo.
Mini Roulette hit America in the early 19th century, but with a double "00", resulting in American Mini Roulette. The game became popular in the old American West.
For the purposes of this tutorial we will focus on European Mini Roulette, the most commonly played kind. Are you paying attention? Ready, set, spin…
Mini Mini Roulette Bet Types
You can place different types of bets on the table during a European Mini Roulette game. There are two main types of bets in European Mini Roulette. These are: inside bets and outside bets. These two bet types have a maximum betting limit. If you need more information on maximum betting limits, contact your Casino Support Staff.
This is when you place a bet on any Mini Roulette number on the table from 0-36.
- Straight Up bet: A bet on a single number. The chip is placed in the center of the number.
- Split bet: A bet on two adjacent numbers, also known as a two-number bet. The chip is placed on the line that separates the numbers.
- Street bet: A bet on any three numbers in a row, also known as a three-number bet. The chip is placed on the outside line at the start of the row.
- Square bet: A bet on a block of four numbers, also known as a four-number bet. The chip is placed on the spot in the center of your four Straight Up numbers.
- Line bet: A bet on six numbers, comprising two adjacent rows, also known as a six-number line bet. The chip is placed on the line above Dozen bets so that it rests between the two rows that you want to cover.
This is when you place a bet outside of the table layout, such as Red or First 12.
- Column bet: A bet on one of the three vertical columns. The chip is placed at the bottom of the columns.
- Dozen bet: A bet on twelve numbers - either High, Middle or Low. The chip is placed on one of the following areas: First 12, Second 12 or Third 12.
- Even-Money bet: A bet on eighteen numbers. The chip is placed on one of the following squares, Even, Odd, Red, Black, 1-18 or 19-36.